THAT WILL HELP ME THINK
Making this decision first involves self
examination and secondly involves getting all of the information
you can. This page will help with the self exam…our
website will help with getting tons of information. Do not
limit your interest to the birth parent section…check
out every aspect of adoption through the different sections.
Our website is designed to make it easy for you to get the
knowledge you deserve.
- Why am I considering adoption?
- Will my family try to understand my reasons for placing my
child in the home of another family to raise him/her?
- If my family does not understand, will I be strong enough
to do what I need to do for my child?
- What kind of help can I feel certain that the father will
be to myself and our child? How do I know?
- What sort of life do I want for my child?
- What can I do to best provide that life?
- Am I able to give a child what he/she demands and needs?
- Would I have to count on my family to help me out?
- The last time I really needed my family’s help, how
did that go?
- How did I feel about asking them?
- Can I raise a child and meet my own needs? To finish school?
To start a career?
- Is the path I am on the right one for me?
- Could I handle a child and a job and/or school at the same
- Am I ready to give up the ability to do whatever I want whenever
- I would have to give up...
- Am I willing to cut back on having fun and staying home while
my friends go out without resenting my child?
- Can I afford to support a child? How will I pay for rent,
clothing, food, diapers, and other living expenses?
- Am I expecting my child to make my life happy and to love
- When I am around small children for a while, I feel…………
- How would I treat a child if I lost my temper or became angry?
- How would I take care of my child’s health and safety?
- Do I enjoy teaching others?
- If I choose adoption, how will I feel knowing my child is
with someone else?
- In an open adoption, can I handle seeing my child only when
his/her parents will let me?